The ovulation test is an easy and quick way to find out the best chance of success in conception. Ovulation refers to the detachment of an egg from the ovarian. The life span of sperm in the birth canal is short and, on the other hand, the egg should also be fertilized within 24 hours of detachment from the ovaries. The detachment of the ovum is triggered by an LH increase excreted by the pituitary gland, which is measurable from urine. The LH peak in urine predicts that the egg will come loose within 24-36 hours and indicates that the best chance of fertilisation is intercourse in that term.
Ovulation test, testing instruction:
To find the LH peak, the test is usually carried out for five consecutive days, covering the period from the middle of the menstrual cycle. The start date is adjusted according to the average length of the menstrual cycle and is tabulated in the instructions accompanying the shipment. It is a good idea to do the test in the afternoon from 12:00 to 16:00, when the hormone concentration is at its highest and about 2 hours after absconding, to ensure that there is sufficient levels of hormone in the urine.
- The head marked with an arrow on the test strip is immersed in a urine sample approx. 1 cm deep and held there for 15-20 seconds.
- Then the strip is lifted off and placed horizontally.
- The result is read after 5 minutes (no more than 10 minutes).
- Two lines (C and T) is a positive result,
- c-line only negative result.
- In the absence of a C line, the test has failed.
See also other fertility tests
More information on the page of Mehiläinen
This product is CE marked and tested by healthcare professionals. The product is not tested for home users.