This test kit contains the equipment to make 40 syphilis tests from a fingertip blood sample.
Syphilis, or syphilis, is a bacterial sexually transmitted disease that is transmitted by unprotected sexual intercourse. If left untreated, syphilis is a very dangerous disease that can spread to the heart, blood vessels, brain, eyes and bones. In some cases, syphilis can even be deadly. The expectant mother can pass the infection to the fetus. The asymptomatic incubation period of the disease is usually 3-4 weeks. After that, 2/3 will experience visible symptoms. Infectivity is high in the primary and secondary stages of the disease.
Primary syphilis. At the site of infection, usually the penis, labia, vagina, anal thienosis, rectum, or oral mucosa, there is a hard-edged, usually round wound in 3-4 weeks that is not sensitive For one-third, the wound does not develop. The wound heals on its own in a few weeks. Although the development of syphilia may stop after healing of the primary ulcer, the disease must still be treated for possible late complications.
- CE marked for professional use
- The package includes all the necessary tools for 40 single tests to investigate syphilis infection for women and men. (note: only 1 bottle of buffer solution)
Syphilis test : conducting a test
Allow the test irons, reagents, controls and samples to balance to room temperature (15-30 °C) before starting the test.
- Remove the test strip from the seamed foil bag on a flat, clean surface (e.g. on top of a hand towel on a slate). Use a disposable beep to dispense 2 drops (≈ 80 μl) of fingertip (directly from the fingertip dripping or capillary or disposable pipette) into the sample cushion and immediately add one drop of buffer solution (40 μl) to the sample cushion. Check the time on the clock.
- Allow the sample to be absorbed by capillary forces pulled through the strip’s display window and wait until the background lightens. Allow red zones to form in peace.
- Read the result after 5 minutes (no longer after more than 20 minutes) and interpret it as follows:
- The result is negative, i.e. no sign of syphilis if only one is shown in the cassette, i.e. the control line under C.
- The result is positive, i.e. the sample contains antibodies formed for syphilis bacteria in the body if, after 5 minutes, there is a weakest red-tinted line in the test zone (T) below the clear control zone (C).
- The result is invalid and the test fails whenever the C line is not displayed.
If the result is positive, it is appropriate to consult your doctor.
This product is CE marked and tested by healthcare professionals. The test is equipped with a Finnish user manual. It is important to follow the instructions and interpret them correctly. Tests have not been studied in home use.
More information about syphilis
Other tests for sexually transmitted diseases